Philadelphia, PA, April 5, 2016 – The third annual Wharton People Analytics Conference, co-organized by Wharton students and Wharton Professors Adam Grant and Cade Massey, will bring together 400 business leaders and academics interested in a new, data-driven approach to managing people at work. Over twenty speakers who have implemented an analytics based approach to HR decisions in a large variety of industries will share their experience from both academic and practical perspectives. The conference will take place April 7 – 8, 2016 at the Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia.
Attendees of the conference will hear about challenges and benefits associated with people analytics from such noteworthy keynote speakers as Nobel Laureate Daniel Kahneman, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh, Byron Auguste, Managing Director and Co-Founder, Opportunity@Work (formerly deputy director, White House National Economic Council) and soccer Olympic gold medalist Abby Wambach. While conference registration is now closed updates are available via https://twitter.com/WhartonPAC.
Conference panel discussions include:
- Team Performance with Amy Wrzesniewski – Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at Yale School of Management; Brian Welle – Director of People Analytics at Google; Coleman Ruiz, retired U.S. Navy Seal and Matthew Bidwell – Associate Professor at the Wharton School.
- Methods in People Analytics with Kate Glazebrook – Principal Advisor at the Behavioral Insight Team; Noah Zandan – CEO and Co-Founder of Quantified Communications; Duncan Watts – Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research; Lori Rosenkopf – Professor of Management at the Wharton School.
- Performance Evaluation with Megan Taylor – Director, HR Business Partnering at Adobe Systems; Peter Cappelli – Professor of Management and Director of Center for Human Resources at the Wharton School; Teresa Amabile – Professor of Business Administration and Director of Research at Harvard Business School; Jeffrey Orlando – Chief Learning Officer, Leader Development & Performance at Deloitte.
- Limits of Analytics with Tim Urban – Writer/Illustrator and Co-founder at Wait But Why; Kathleen Hogan – Executive Vice President of Human Resources, Microsoft; Daniel Altman – Economist and Internationally Best Selling Author; Michael Mauboussin – Managing Director and Head of Global Financial Strategies, Credit Suisse.
Another feature of the Conference is the People Analytics Expo including:
- Presentation by Research Paper Competition winner
- Presentation by winner of Case Competition, organized in partnership with Doctors Without Borders
- Presentations by startups pursuing opportunities in people analytics
Faculty organizers of the Conference include Adam Grant, Wharton Professor of Management and author of the just-published “Originals” and Cade Massey, Wharton Practice Professor of Operations, Information and Decisions. To learn more about the Conference, visit http://www.peopleanalyticsconference.com/.