WHAT: The Wharton School’s Jacobs Levy Equity Management Center for Quantitative Financial Research will host the first Forum on Quantitative Finance on October 23, 2013. The event will conclude with the awarding of the inaugural Wharton-Jacobs Levy Prize for Quantitative Financial Innovation.
WHO: Featured speakers for the Forum include:
- Lasse Heje Pedersen, John A. Paulson Professor of Finance and Alternative Investments, NYU Stern School of Business, Professor, Copenhagen Business School, and Principal, AQR Capital Management
- Andrew Ang, Ann F. Kaplan Professor of Business and Chair of the Finance and Economics Division, Columbia Business School
- Robert Stambaugh, Miller Anderson & Sherrerd Professor of Finance, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Keynote address will be presented by:
- Dr. Bruce I. Jacobs, Principal and Co-Founder, Jacobs Levy Equity Management
- Kenneth N. Levy, Principal and Co-Founder, Jacobs Levy Equity Management
The Prize ceremony will feature the presentation of the award to Harry Markowitz, Nobel Laureate, Adjunct Professor of Finance, Rady School of Management, University of California, San Diego.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 23, 2013; 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Prize ceremony begins at 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: Marriott Marquis, 45th and Broadway, New York, NY
WHY: The Forum on Quantitative Finance will bring together leading experts in academia and industry for a day of presentations focused on quantitative financial research and its practical applications within the business world, with an emphasis on advancing innovation. The Jacobs Levy Equity Management Center for Quantitative Financial Research will also award its first Wharton-Jacobs Levy Prize for Quantitative Financial Innovation to Harry Markowitz, Nobel Laureate, Adjunct Professor of Finance, Rady School of Management, University of California, San Diego, in recognition of his groundbreaking research contributions to the retirement advisory industry.
CONTACT: Media registration is free of charge. Interested parties should contact email@example.com or +1-215-746-6471