Industry executives and Wharton faculty will discuss how to achieve high-velocity growth in the highly competitive retail and consumer goods industries.
What: At Knowledge@Wharton’s Retail and Consumer Goods Summit, Wharton faculty and retail and consumer goods practitioners will discuss growth strategies at established, emerging and start-up companies. Topics that will be addressed include innovation-fueled growth, digital strategy, assortment variety, disruptive business models, growth-oriented store associate planning, strategic brand extensions, collaborating with finance to achieve high performance, and effective talent management strategies. The conference will feature presentations, fireside chats, panels, and other interactive formats.
The summit is hosted by Knowledge@Wharton, the Wharton School’s online business research and analysis journal, in partnership with Wharton’s Jay H. Baker Retailing Center and Momentum. The NASDAQ and EY are the summit’s founding sponsors.
Who: The conference program will feature Wharton faculty and retail and consumer goods leaders, including:
- Carlos Alberini, Chief Executive Officer, Lucky Brand
- Barry Calpino, Vice President, Breakthrough Innovation, Kraft Foods Group
- George Calvert, Chief Supply Chain & R&D Officer, Amway
- Vicki Cantrell, Senior Vice President, Communities, and Executive Director of Shop.org, National Retail Federation (NRF)
- Tariq Farid, Chief Executive Officer, Edible Arrangements
- Marshall Fisher, Wharton Professor of Operations and Information Management
- Sangita Forth, Vice President of Brand, Plum Organics
- Raghuram Iyengar, Wharton Associate Professor of Marketing
- Barbara Kahn, Wharton Professor of Marketing, Director, Jay H. Baker Retailing Center
- Jeffrey Koziel, Market Vice President, Walgreen Co.
- Victor Misawa, Vice President of Marketing for the Creative and Writing Brands, Newell Rubbermaid
- Stacey Bendet, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Designer, Alice + Olivia
- David Gilboa, Co-Founder & Co- Chief Executive Officer, Warby Parker
- Greg Heichelbech, Chief Executive Officer, Triumph Motorcycles
- Ian MacMillan, Wharton Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Laxman Narasimhan, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, PepsiCo Americas Foods
- Mukul Pandya, Editor-in-Chief, Knowledge@Wharton
- Mieke van der Loo, Chief Sales Officer, Bugaboo
- Patti Williams, Wharton Associate Professor of Marketing
When: April 28-29, 2014
Where: NASDAQ MarketSite, 4 Times Square (43rd/Broadway), New York, NY, 10036
Who: The conference is designed to be a unique learning and networking forum. The program may be of interest to people in senior-/mid-level positions at retail and consumer goods companies and related industries in a range of functions, including marketing, strategy, merchandising, customer service, sales, digital, IT, and finance.
For more information, including details on how to register, please visit http://knowledge.whartonevents.com/growth.
About the Wharton School, Knowledge@Wharton and the Jay H. Baker Retailing Center
Founded in 1881 as the first collegiate business school, the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is recognized globally for intellectual leadership and ongoing innovation across every major discipline of business education. With a broad global community and one of the most published business school faculties, Wharton creates economic and social value around the world. The School has 5,000 undergraduate, MBA, executive MBA, and doctoral students; more than 9,000 participants in executive education programs annually and a powerful alumni network of 92,000 graduates.
Knowledge@Wharton is the online business analysis journal of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. The site, which is free, captures relevant knowledge generated at Wharton and beyond by offering articles and videos based on research, conferences, speakers, books and interviews with faculty and other experts on current business topics. The Knowledge@Wharton network – including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Indian, Arabic, Israeli and High School editions – has more than two million subscribers worldwide.
The Jay H. Baker Retailing Center is an interdisciplinary research center at the Wharton School that was established by Patty and Jay Baker (Wharton 1956 undergraduate alumnus), former President of Kohl’s Corp. Its mission is to be the global leader in retail knowledge and education through cutting-edge academic research, student and alumni activities, academic-industry programs, and global initiatives. Working with faculty, senior-level industry partners, students, and alumni, the Baker Retailing Center is one of the world’s premier retailing centers. For more information, please visit the Baker Retailing Center’s website (www.wharton.upenn.edu/bakerretail).
An entrepreneurial company at heart, Momentum believes in committing our people, capital and ideas to helping our partners develop, grow and innovate sustainable experiences across multiple audiences and industries.
We proudly work with Fortune 500, Forbes Global 2000 and Inc. 5000 companies, NLJ 250 law firms, Academic Institutions, Non-Profits and traditional & digital media companies.
We are passionate about helping our clients problem solve, develop business, further relationships, and demonstrate thought leadership to an audience that matters most to them.
To learn more, visit us at www.momentumevents.com.